According to the "Notice regarding the Application for the Online Teaching Project of the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship" from the Examination and Scholarship Office of the Center for Language Education And Cooperation, Dalian University of Technology (DUT) plans to launch the 2021 DUT Online Chinese Teaching Program of the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship. The program uses online teaching methods to provide overseas Chinese learners with opportunities to continue learning. Students selected by Hanban will be awarded the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship qualification. The tuition fees will be supported by the Center for Language Education And Cooperation. Eligible international students are welcome to apply for the program. The application conditions and material requirements are as follows:
All applicants shall be
a) Non-Chinese citizens
b) In good physical and mental condition, well performed both academically and behaviorally
c) Aspired to take future careers on the teaching or international promotion of Chinese language
d) Between the ages of 16-35 on September 1st, 2020.
1. Scholarship for One-Semester Study
uStart Time: 2021 spring semester or 2021 autumn semester. Applicants holding the X1 or X2 visa are not eligible;
uNumber of Applicants: 30 students are planned to be enrolled. After the number of applicants reaches the upper limit, applications will no longer be accepted. Please complete the registration as soon as possible;
uResearch Direction: For Chinese Language and Literature, applicants shall have a minimum score of 180 on the HSK test (Level 3), and an HSKK test score is required.
2. Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study
uStart Time: from 2021 spring semester to 2021 autumn semester. International students currently studying in China are not eligible;
uNumber of Applicants: 20 students are planned to be enrolled. After the number of applicants reaches the upper limit, applications will no longer be accepted. Please complete the registration as soon as possible;
A. Chinese Language and Literature: Applicants shall have a minimum score of 180 on the HSK test (Level 4) and 60 on the HSKK test (Intermediate Level).
B. Chinese Language Study: Applicants shall have a minimum score of 210 on the HSK test (Level 3). Priority will be given to applicants who provide an HSKK test score.
III. APPLICATION MATERIALS
1. Digital photo;
2. A scanned copy of passport photo page;
3. Application Statement: stating applicant's Chinese language learning background, study plan and aim in China It shall be written in Chinese and 200- 800 words；
4. A scanned copy of score reports of the HSK and HSKK tests (within the two-year validity).
(1) If your HSK score has exceeded the two-year validity period, you could upload it as application material first. But you need to get the higher level of HSK report before the program ends;
(2) If you have not yet obtained HSK and HSKK scores, you can provide proof of the corresponding Chinese proficiency level (Chinese language learning certificate, personal statement, etc.) at the application stage.
5. The applicant shall submit the notarized highest education diploma attained or official proof of student status;
6. Scanning copy of personal signature;
7. A reference letter by the head of the recommending institutions (not obligatory)；
8. Applicants under the age of 18 shall provide certified documents of designation signed by their entrusted legal guardians in China.
Note: The files of digital photo and personal signature uploaded should be less than 300 KB, and the other uploaded files should be less than 2 MB. All files should be with suffix in “ *.jpg/*.gif/*.jpeg” format.
IV. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
1. If you are up to the application standard, please fill in the “APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM” in the attachment and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Please apply through the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship (Confucius Institute Scholarship) registration website (cis.chinese.cn) before 2021/01/06. Register/log in to your account, fill in the application form and upload the application materials. After the application is submitted, please track the application progress, comments and result. For instructions on how to apply for the program, please refer to the attachment "HOW TO APPLY FOR THE 2021 DUT Online Chinese Teaching Program". For any questions regarding the application process, please contact us (email@example.com).